Hello and welcome to our Hawksworth Wood Primary School website. We hope the pages will give you a flavour of our school; our values and the many opportunities we offer our children.
Our school ethos is best described as an effective blend of both the new and traditional; an effective combination of values and approaches. Although we believe we have the balance just right, we are always looking to refine and improve what we do.
We are popular! To accommodate the high level of demand for pupil places at our school, over the next few years we will gradually grow to become a 2-form entry school. From the beginning of the Summer term 2017, work begins to build additional classrooms and work spaces. It’s an exciting time!
As well as expanding our school building, at Hawksworth Wood we expand and nurture the minds of our pupils as they learn. We encourage them to ask questions, think creatively and be independent learners who aspire much for themselves and each other.
‘Lots of happy, smiley faces’ is a comment often made by visitors to our school – and it’s true, our school is a ‘feel-good’ place. Come and experience it for yourself.
It’s everyone’s contribution that makes us great: Pupils, staff, parents, governors and local community figures all play their part. And as such, our pupils and families wholeheartedly participate in all we have to offer, some of which includes:
- our excellent curriculum which is rich with challenge and opportunities for all children to succeed;
- our before and after school provision and clubs for pupils;
- the many off-site educational experiences including three different residential trips;
- our sports teams who regularly compete with other schools;
- our school choirs;
- parent and family assemblies;
- seasonal celebrations and events
- and our various parent and family support groups.
Some say ‘life is a journey’. Well at Hawksworth Wood, we thoroughly enjoy our part in each child’s journey and work hard to ensure our children do too!
Miss E Pickard