The Governing Body and staff of Hawksworth Wood Primary School are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity and provision throughout our school community. We take pride in our diverse community and the cultural richness within it. Our Equality Policy Statement outlines our commitment to equality and diversity and how this will be implemented. It sets out our intention to create an environment in which everyone in our school community can take part in the social and cultural life of the school. It also sets out our commitment to promote equality and diversity among our pupils, their families and our staff.
What is the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED)?
The public sector equality duty (PSED) requires schools to:
- Publish information to demonstrate how they are complying with the PSED Prepare and publish equality objectives – schools must update these objectives at least once every 4 years
The PSED was introduced by the Equality Act 2010 and applies to all schools, including maintained schools, academies, independent schools, maintained nursery schools, and maintained and non-maintained special schools.
Our Equality Objectives
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a range of activities and experiences across the curriculum.
- To ensure that the curriculum effectively supports all children, including those with disabilities or special needs.
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to ethnicity, age, disability, gender or socio-economic status.
- To ensure the school environment is as accessible as possible for all pupils, staff and visitors.
- To improve outcomes for pupils with SEND across school.
How does Hawksworth Wood Primary School comply with the Public Sector Equality Duty?
In addition to our Equality Policy Statement and Objectives, further information is provided in a range of policies which make explicit the school’s long established commitment to actively promoting equality of opportunity for all. These can be found on our policies page.
CLICK HERE to visit our policies page.
- Anti-bullying Policy
- Positive Behaviour Policy
- Equality Policy Statement & Objectives
- SEND Policy
- Vision and Values Statement